Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Insert Row Into Repeat Region

ckipp

Hi,

I am working on a BOM and have a 2D repeat region, which is standard on our drawing sheets. However the AutoCAD files we are converting from have a BOM which has two blank rows (There is an index number but have dashes ( - ) for the other entries). Basically I was wondering if there is a way to create extra rows in a repeat region and then fix the index of them.

Thanks,

Chris

click on table from the above menu >insert> column.

click on the repeat region table in the drawing (it requires few rendom clicks)

columns will be added at the end of table.

Sorry if I was unclear but i was wondering if it were possible to insert horizontal rows (not vertical columns)into the repeat region, between other numbers. Ex:

1. #237 Description

2.#254 Description

3. --- --

4. #765 Description

By fixing the index i can get the part numbers to match the correct index, however if a number is skipped there is no blank row assigned, i was wondering if that was possible.

Thanks,

Chris

it defeats the purpose of repeat regions to insert horizontal rows.Simply add to your part count in the assembly.

Edited by: design-engine

Yes, I realize that it goes against what a repeat region is supposed to be... Are you trying to say assemble another part into the assembly, fix it to the correct index number and then dash it? I thought about doing this but then the model tree will become cluttered.

I find there are multiple times when I've been working with a repeat region and something needs to be changed for just one cell (such as font size) but the repeat region limits this flexibility.

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back