Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing JPG into a drawing (WF2.0)

DPonjican

I know this was possible in previous versions but I can't seem to find out how to accomplish this in Wildfire 2.0. Does anyone know how to put a JPG image into a drawing sheet/view/symbol?

Insert - Object - Create From File - Browse to get your file. Whether that works for you or not depends on what application is handling the OLE for the file type you select. It never seems to work for me when I want it to.

That's because MS removed the JPEG OLE server from newer versions of their software. It's not an MS proprietary file format so they took their ball and went home.

The way I do it: (with Wildfire 3.0, but I think it was the same in 2.0)

Open your graphics program, like Paint, and copy your image to the clipboard.

In Wildfire, Insert > Object. Leave 'Create New' button checked. Select'Bitmap Image' from the options. Paste your previously selected image into the box.

JamesM said:
The way I do it: (with Wildfire 3.0, but I think it was the same in 2.0)

Open your graphics program, like Paint, and copy your image to the clipboard.

In Wildfire, Insert > Object. Leave 'Create New' button checked. Select'Bitmap Image' from the options. Paste your previously selected image into the box.

So how is this supposed to work exactly ????

JamesM,

that works nice, kind of posterizes the image, but it still works. It does seem that you have to click on the box that is made in the drawing to get it to work. In my case, a "paint" like structure came up after clicking in the white box, I pasted the image in, and tweaked it with the available tools.

thanks,

M

I had problems inserting JPEG images into WF3, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Found out all I had to do was loose all the spaces in the JPEG file name. Works every time now. No need to bring it into Paint, just browse for the file

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back