Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Imported IGES geometry

yberrista

Hello everybody,

I want to perform some Analysis with ANSYS, for which Ihave built a Pro/Engineer model over an iges-imported geometry. My problem is that I would like to cut part of the imported iges geometry and I am unable to do it with Pro/Engineer. I know this software quite good and I have being unable. I have tried to do withANSYS and I have being unable too!.

Please, I am feeling desperated.
smiley19.gif
Do you know a solution?.

Kindest Regards,

Fernando

Probably your imported iges is now a surface in proe. This happens when you havegaps in the geometry. You will see this if you go to wireframe and the lines are not white (the surface entity colors are different in 2001 and WF, but never white).

You need to either fix the import to get the geometry solid ORuse surface modelling.

Dear Caddie,

You were right about the geometry. It has yellow lines. Could explain me a little more in depth how to solve it?. Or where to look for the solution. Many thanks in advance, I am really desperated with this issue. By the way: I cannot RE-import the geometry in Pro/E, therefore I am obligued to repair inside Pro/E.

Kindest Regards,

Fernando

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back