Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

igs file opening

camilia

Hej
I opened an igs file in ProE/4 which was earlier created in ProE/5, but I can't see all features of part like extrude, pattern, holes etc. since I want to edit some holes dimensions .... in ProE/4 ... How I can open igs with features like ordinary part file?
plz help....

An IGS file is just dumb data. You won't be able to edit any of the features in an IGS file, so matter what version of Pro/E you are using. The only way to edit the features is by opening the ordinary part file. You can install Graniteto let you open WF5 files in WF4.

Hej
Can you explain in attached file (jpg) where it is a part file and still I can't see any features (like extrude, hole, pattern etc.) .... I can explain more that I modelled this part in WF4 and mistakenly just open it in WF5 .... when I opened it in WF4 ... I can't see separate features whereas it is still a part file .... I want to edit some dimensions ...plz take me out of this fuss...
mvh

2011-08-09_162659_ProE_Model.rar

If it was created in WF4 and you opened it in WF5 and saved the file WF4 will no longer be able to open it. If you did not make any changes you can just delete the last version of the model and you will be able to open the file back as a WF4 file.

Rather than deleting the last file, just do a file/open and pick all versions. Then you will every version of the file on disk and you can open any one of them. Saving again will make a new file with the next available index value.

zach.... you can do amazing things with the new import data doctor utilities.

I just did a three day class with focus on the first day on IDD to a motorola group and they have been dealing with imports for over 12 years. They were most impressed with all you can do using it.

Oh, I forgot about that. I haven't actually ever had a reason to use it. It was my impression that it wasn't for recognizing features, but was for things like fixing surfaces. I'll have to go research that more.

Bart, you ever considered turning some of your expertise into tutorials. Not suggesting that you give it away it's just that some of us are further away than others!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back