Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

iges to proe

waltter

i downloaded a iges file (just one file) which includes 3 parts. i opened it in proe. I checked ASSEMBLY in "import new model" dialog. But when it loads there was an assembly with only ONE part and that part has only one feature->"imported geometry".<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">I give that file to my friend and he gets an assembly with all three parts separated. Same I get in solidworks...<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">So i'm guessing that my proe has an issues in config.pro, but i don't know which option should i change...<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">...any advices??? pls.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

Edited by: waltter

> I give that file to my friend and he gets
> an assembly with all three parts separated.

In Pro/E or another program?

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to get Pro/E to
write out an assembly as a single IGES file while maintaining
the assembly and part definitions nor any way to get it to
create the defintions on import if they don't exist in the
IGES. If they exist (? as type 308, 408, 416 entities?) Pro/E
will automatically open as an assy and recreate the assembly
hierarchy. (SW is seeing shell definitions and creating the
part definitions, one per shell?)

that iges is from a catalogue from one website...yes that friend whom i gave that file uses a proe (but in his work they have different config) and his proe opens it as assembly with 3 parts... But my proe give me an assembly with only one part (something like envelope)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back