Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

.iges & step file viewer

cklem

I am a designer for a plastics manufacturer.I useProE, however, most of our engineers (who do not do design work) need to look at .iges and .step files that come in from our customers. Does anyone know of a good viewer for .iges and step files? Preferablyone that isfree orthat is under $500. Measuring capabilities would be a plus as well.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.
smiley1.gif

Thanks,

Chris

Adobe Acrobat 3D is a good chioce. If you already have a full version of adobe writer you can upgrade for a smaller price.

Can't PTC's Product View Express view the files? PVX is free however is without measuring capabilities. For measuring and commenting facilities one may try Product View (now with a whatever new name).

Another option would be e-drawings from Geometric.

Thank you all for your feedback. I will look into all the options mentioned. I have looked into each one of these before but it has been awhile. I didn't know if something new had come up.

Thanks again,

Chris

The Artist Formerly Known as CoCreate (Creo/Elements Direct) is available in a personal edition. It allows you to import .stp and iges files, measure, section, and re-design the thing if you want to.

Sam

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back