Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hurray for 6 axes of motion!

Rbrgr83

First off, this is my 100th aniversary of posting. So woot for beinga vet!
smiley4.gif

But anyway, I just got a 3dconnexion Space Navigator mouse and I
smiley27.gif
it!! It's like Xmas in July!

I was a bit sceptical that it would "improve my productivity" while using ProE, but after just a day (and a few hours on Google Earth) I am really getting the hang of this thing an looking forward to putting it to good use.

I would absolutely recomend this model to anyone as it was fairly inexpensive (I think we got it for $50). However, if anyone has had any negative experiences with this one, or wants to recomend another one with more bang for its buck, feel free. I think my department will be geting these for everyone based on how well the first two we got perform (so far so good).

In short, I am a happy person today.
smiley32.gif

Got to agree they are nice... in whatever package you work in. But know you will become dependent on it, and complain repeatedly if foreced to work without it agian... LOL

If you are looking for good bang for the buck... look for one of the older SpaceBalls. I have a 5000 USB, but they have several other models some even still have a serial connection. But the funtionality is basically the same. And since they are an older OOP model they can be had at a very cheep price compared to the explorer with basically the same funtionality.The multitude of onboard programable hotkeys makes it nice upgrade vs. the Navigator.

And that is just my worthless virtual 2 cents on the matter...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back