Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Howto insert a $-sign in an INSERT

orac

Hi,

I want to have a $-sign in an INSERT command, e.g.

CIMFIL/ON,MACHIN
RSLT=POSTF(13)
PROMPT=TEXT/'Geef de naam van de WORKPIECE directory'
RSLT=FILEF(0,1,PROMPT)
WORKD=TEXT/READ,0
PROMPT=TEXT/'Geef de naam van het MASTER programma'
RSLT=FILEF(0,1,PROMPT)
MPF=TEXT/READ,0

PLABEL/OPTION,39,TO,01 $$ Allow blanks from INSERT statement
INSERT/'%_N_',MPF,'_MPF','$'
INSERT/';$PATH=/_N_WKS_DIR/_N_',WORKD,'_WPD','$'
INSERT/'G17 G40 G71 G90 G94','$'
CIMFIL/OFF

The line
INSERT/';$PATH=/_N_WKS_DIR/_N_',WORKD,'_WPD','$'
doesn't show the $ as this indicates the rest of the line is a comment.
How can you change this behavior ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

John

Hi John,
The dollar sign represents a carriage return-line feed. It won't display at the end of a line. First, make a copy of the FIL file and post processor. You will need to go into the Option File Generator. Open the post processor. Go to "Start/End of Program" section. Change the EOB character that is being output to represent an EOB. You will then have to change all the "$" in the FIL file, that represent a carriage return-line feed, to the new character that represent the new carriage return-line feed character. Then you can leave the '$' at the end of the insert line. That's the only way I know that this would work.
An alternative would be to see the CNC control manual and see if there's a different character that represents a comment in lieu of the dollar sign. On a Heidenhein control the semi-colon represents a comment.
If you want to add a comment at the end of the FIL line then add 2 dollar signs by them selves without quote or apostrophe marks followed by the comment that you want visible.

Hope this helps,
Jay Crook.

Jay,

Thank you very much.
I was already to the point of giving up hope to solve this without writing an external program.
I had tried stuff like

DSN=TEXT/CONVS,36
INSERT/'%',DSN,'PATH...

but this didn't work also.
It doesn't read in the manual that single $ sign is in fact a carriage return-line feed.

I'll change the EOB-character.

Once again, thank you very much.

Best regards,

John

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back