Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to work with relations

Texas_Drafter

i have a model that was done by someone with knowledge of proe and i am only self taught. when creating the drawing for just the part the title block draws its description from the description parameter manually put in on the model. when creating the assembly drawing this part goes in to it pulls its description from the relations of the dimensions in the model. one problem is in the assembly drawing it shows the relation description and the manual description with one behind the other. when i remove the manual description from the model it fixes this problem but then the description in the part drawing is gone. i tried changing the description line in my title block to pull the relation dimensions but it gives me the wrong dimension. the part model dimension is 3 3/4" but when i put the relation number in the title block line it shows as 3 1/16" not sure how to get the relation to change as i believe the part originally was 3 1/16 and was later changed to 3 3/4 but the relation never changed. any help would be appreciated. remember i dont know much about relations so short words and lamen terms would be appreciated. ha.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back