Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to unbend variable section sweep?

Per1

How to unbend variable section sweep?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>
View attachment 4896
Both the trajectory and section are straight lines. The angle for the section along the trajectory is controlled by the graph feature shown below.
View attachment 4897
The surface feature is afterward thicken and then converted to a sheet feature.
View attachment 4898

Attached file: 2011-01-26_062700_test_plu_flex_1.prt.zip
My problem with the unbend feature, is that I can

They have the "How To" on X-section unbend on the PTC website. Search the Knowledge Base. You'll have to be a licensed user and have a login.

I have it printed out at work, but due to the blizzard, I am not there.

To my recollection, it's an option under unbend.

Since you created a surface to begin with, have you tried "flatten quilt"? You could drive a "companion" part, but using publish and copy geometry of the surface to another part, apply "flatten quilt" and then thickening. You'll have to see if that gives you the flat pattern you want. All of these methods are approximations of reality.

Good luck,

JD

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back