Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to split the part

rakic

Does anybody know how to split object that I made in to several segments that can make perfect asembly together without any pairs clearance.

Like this model for example, it is made as one model in full and I want to split it in to several segmets as separate parts and save it.

http://www.max-save.org/images/741160Rama.jpg

Hi,
maybe I can suggest you a way to do what you want:
I am speaking about publish geometry and copy external geometry, as ProE commands:

first:
In the original model that contains all geometry together, at the end of model tree you have to create a publish geometry for each area you want to have as a separate part. let say of you example you will create a PG for each tune of bike frame, containing all the external and all the internal surfaces for each one.
If you want you can remane each of these PG (publish geometry) in such way that will help you to identify them easily during the next step.

second:
you create a new empties parts as usual, one for each different zone that you want to have, and than you have to copy on each of these new parts , a coresponding publish geometry created before, one of them for each new part.

These imports will be a suirface , then you have to close gaps or open area if you have it on the copied geometry, after that make a merge of surfaces copied with the new added to close gaps, and at the end you solidify your separated parts and eventualy you can add new features on them as you like.

In this way all the parts remains dependent of the original common geometry and if you modify the original, at the first open of separated parts you regenerate them and these will be updated too.

If I remember well, because now I don't use Proe from few months, when you import the publish geometry on the separated parts there is an option to make these copies independent of original, in this way you will break the link with the original complete model and will have separated parts not linked with the original; it is your decision of what you need to obtain.

good luck!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back