Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How To Remove Scale From View Text Label?

cad.user

Does anyone know of any way to remove the scale from a text label for a view? This seems like it should be a simple thing to do but I can't find any information on it. I know you can just hide the original view text & create a new text label for the view but doing that you loose the associativity of the label. Then if you rename the view, you also have to change the text label. I would like to create a view & just have the view name come up without the scale. I have talked to PTC support & they're not aware of a way to do this so I thought I'd just post this & see if anyone knew of an undocumented way to to accomplish this.

After the note with the name is there, (ex: "DETAIL A" with SCALE: 4.000) on second line), select an empty space on the drawing, thus "unselecting" anyhing that is highlighted. Then on the top toolbar, select "FORMAT" and "TEXT STYLE". While holding the "control key", select the text "SCALE:" and "4.000" and then pick OK. Change the text size to .001 and select "OK". You might end up with a dot on the drawing, but the rest of the note, "view name" stays as is.
Edited by: appinmi

>> Change the text size to .001 and select "OK". You might end up with a dot on the drawing, but the rest of the note, "view name" stays as is. <<

Thanks for your replybut his is only a temporary fix. The next time you edit the view name the scale line will default back to it's default size, even if you cancel out of the command. I'd prefer a permanant fix that could be applied either to the config.pro of drawing setup file.

>> 3. Pick the text you want to remove (it is then highlighted)

4. Select 'Erase' and then 'Done' to complete. <<

Thanks for your reply. This gets rid of the entire view name and scale and it's what we're doing currently. Wildfire 2.0 won't allow you to just select the scale line below the view name & erase it. What I'mhoping to findis an undocumented fix that could be applied to either the config.pro or drawing setup file that will just leave the scale textoff of any view that's created.

i doubt this is it either but might want to give it a try
<H1 style="MARGIN: 12pt 0in 3pt">make_proj_view_notes<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p> </O:p></H1>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">yes[/B], <B style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">*[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">no[/B]<O:p> </O:p>
Automatically adds view names to projection views in the format "VIEW viewname<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">-[/B]viewname".
You can modify the view name after adding the view to the drawing.<O:p> </O:p>

>> Automatically adds view names to projection views in the format <<

That one is adding a view name (ex: Left View, Top View)to projection views which we don't do. What I'm after is just a way to prevent the view scale text from appearing on any view that has a scale different than the drawings default. This would be either a general view that you put at a different scale or a detail view that is done at a different scale. I don't want to loose the ability to scale the view or the associativity of the views name (meaning if I rename Detail A to Detail Bin the view properties dialog boxI'd like the views text label to change to Detail B automatically without showing the view scale).

You can't delete the scale note when the scale is different than drawing default scale, since it is bound to the view. It should be that way. Whencreating a drawing view with default scale (first view) this view should have no scale note attached (it's the default scale). When creating view with scale different than default it should have note that defines the scale the view is put in (how will you know, what scale the view uses, if it doesn't have a note). If you are trying to create auxiliary view (like 3D presentation of the model) and don't want to show view scale, delete the entire note and create new one with custom text (e.g. "3D View"). I hope this helps.

i found this which made me think of something else. at the bottom of the screen it prob says scale 1.000 or what ever, there is a way of changing that to be fractional or other maybe mess with that
<H3 align=center>Avoid no-scale in multi-model drawings</H3>

When you create a drawing with multiple models with no-scale views, the scale only reflects the active model and leaves all other models untouched. The shown value for scale is only valid for the active model. Also, when you're using &scale in the right-hand corner, this value also only reflects the active model. The scale not being a global drawing value can result in misunderstanding of the drawing and it not being ISO-compliant. Don't use views with no-scale option in multi-model drawings

>> You can't delete the scale note when the scale is different than drawing default scale, since it is bound to the view. <<

It is bound to the view but so is a dimension and you can over write or even not display dimension text.

>> When creating view with scale different than default it should have note that defines the scale the view is put in (how will you know, what scale the view uses, if it doesn't have a note). <<

For our use the scale has no meaning because prints are usually reduced on a copier to fit an A size piece of paper. Because of that the scale isn't accurate anyway and our vendors ignore it,that's why we are removing it from the drawing.

>> If you are trying to create auxiliary view (like 3D presentation of the model) and don't want to show view scale, delete the entire note and create new one with custom text <<

That's exactly what we are doing now. I'm just looking for some way to make the scale display optional while retaining associativity between the view and it's text label. That way if you change a view's name in the view properties it will automatically change in the view label text.

The simplest procedure is to select the text (this should be a red box around the view name & scale), right-click & select properties.

In the text box, there will be a line like SCALE &view_scale - delete this line & you will no longer have a scale on the view.

>> In the text box, there will be a line like SCALE &view_scale - delete this line & you will no longer have a scale on the view. <<

I'm not sure what version of Pro/E you're using but that has never worked for me in any version I've used. The text cannot be deleted and always reappears when you close the dialog box.

hye there cad.user,

I am using wildfire 2.0, in that for projection and general views you can avoid scale from being displayed if you set the general view 'scale' to 'default scale for sheet'. you can find them in properties. Once u do that scale displayed on lower left hand corner drives the scale for the sheet. This would work for all views except detail view. Noway u can detach the scale from the text for a detailed view.

Try and correct me if i am wrong

You can not delete the scale from a detailed view. If you delete the text from the note Pro/E just adds it back. This is correct behavior. Your best bet, as previously suggested, is to make the text very small. .001 mm will not print, even as a dot.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back