Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How TO Modify The Text Symbols

Golden

Hi all,

Anybody knows how to modify the text symbols, I think
the diameter text symbol (phi) is too large in the 2D drawing, somebody can help me.

there are 2 ways:

1. to individually set a new textheight: in drawing, right click on the "entity" (could be anything, dimension, note..) and choose properties, then go to text style and modify the text height:

View attachment 3501

2. to set the text height to the entire drawing : right somewhere on an open space in your drawing, then properties/ drawing_options, then drawing text height

For symbols, added with insert/ drawing symbols: right click on it, text style, and change height, or right click / properties / height
Edited by: vlad1979

And take a look at Tip 3 on this page for changing the height of a single character, such as the diameter symbol, within a note.

http://www.profilesmagazine.com/p33/pickett.html

This was a feature of early versions of Proe that has been taken out of the menus, as far as I know,so this is a backdoor approach.

edit: my bad, that doesn't solve your problem, it justlets you edit a single line of text. I was thinking it described how to make a word 'big'...

<tg>
Edited by: telecomguy

tg, you're tip it's OK, but it's slightly different. I didn't think of that, but now that you mentioned....pro-e doesn't have {} in notes.

If you want to modify a single word in a line of text you do something like this:

Let's say this is the note: let me modify the text

modify the note to: let me {0:modify} the text

then close the note properties window.

how to select it: left click once on the note and move the mouse to the side, then left click again on the word you added {}. Now that word is selected, then right click, text style and text height.

View attachment 3513

Yeah, but can you do the same with dimension text? I tried a couple of things yesterday and couldn't seem to reduce the diameter symbol by itself...
smiley5.gif

<tg>

Yeah, Veteran got the right direction which I want. I just want to reduce the diameter symbol(phi) of dimension text, because the diameter symbol is larger than the diamension text when two put together. It will be better if could reduce all special text symbol table with one scale factor.

Dear vlad1979,

I used to put the Romans Font on my 2D drawing because the dimension text are more smooth than others. Our company's components are almost turning part, we oftenuse diameter symbol (phi) on 2D drawing, the Romans fonts is very similar with ISOfont that you pointed.

I figure that if diamenter symbol phi could be smaller and same height with dimension text, that will be so nice. Don't you think that diameter symbol is a little bigger compare with dimensiontexton ISOfont ? It will be so ugly when a lot of diameter symbol appear on drawing and we just see a lot of look like " O".

I like it the way it is, and it's not that big. The O itself is the same height as the letters. Just the line in phi is a little bigger.

If you really don't want the phi sign, you could create notes for all dimensions that use diameters like {0:phi}&d30 and then you can make the phi smaller. But I would not do this, it's a lot to work.

Yes, nobody wants to do a lot work like that. Maybe I have to accept it. Thanks a lot forall kindly help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back