Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to create drat with round model

ghunk

Dear All..

i have imported model from iges, and its surface with some rounds...and i want to draft some surface..how to solve it?? as far as i know..we cant make draft with rounded model...

help me pleasee...its so urgent
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

hi ghunk,

try to remove the rounds using cut, and other feature tool and remember round dimension, then add draft , later apply the radius.

sreeni

I don't believe there is an elegant solution for this. If I'm really stuck in this situation I first insult the person that modeled the part in Solidworks, then I just start cutting away the original material and filling it back in so the it can be drafted before the rounds go in. Of course this is not only practical if the part is too complex. Another possiblity is using the chamfer tool to put a draft on the surface. You'll have to work out the trigonometry to get the proper D1 X D2 lengths, but this has gotten me out of a bind once or twice.

Edited by: fiebigc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back