Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to Convert 2D sketch into the 3D Part

Rasorr

Hi,
I drawn 3 views of model in sketch mode, how i convert it into the 3d part?
Please help me!
Thanks

i think you might got the wrong approach of 3d modelling...

Start by looking at the tutorials in the help section!

//Tobias

Hello tobbo,
I made too many 3d parts in Pro E. and for making 3d part , sketch is necessary for eg. to make cube you want to draw sqaure and then extrude.
But i am asking of different thing, we can also draw 2d sketch like in Autocad in sketch mode and then can we convert into the 3D in part Mode? if yes then how?

And I can't find the Tutorials here, Give me the link of Tutorials .
Thanks for ur valuable response

-Rasorr

Edited by: Rasorr

you probably can save out the drw as a neutralformat, and then import it in a new part and go from there. Dont know if i would recomennd it tho...
smiley2.gif

regarding "the help section" , i was refering to the pro/E help section, not "here" on mcad.

//Tobias

It can be done. As a starting point you would import your sketches and as you build your geometry you would create new sketches that reference the original sketch geometry that will form the basis for the solid model features.

PTC has a plugin that you can download for free (if you have maintenance) and it will automate converting orthographic views to a 3D model.

@tobbo Thanks for information, and I am asking about the Tutorials of Pro e section where are they? :)

@kdem Thanks, I will try, I will import my sketches and then try to make it 3d part :p

@srieger I think the Plugins will work only on legel versions :p.

in legal versions its located under "help" - "help section" - (quicklinks) "tutorials" .

//Tobias

tobbo said:
in legal versions its located under "help" - "help section" - (quicklinks) "tutorials" .

//Tobias

It is in illegal versions also.But firstly i can't know that you are talking about the Proe softare help section, what i understand that u said about the help section of this forum.
Good Day!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back