Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to change the Creo Drawing TitleBlock non-editable.

ayyavup

Hi,
Is there any way to lock the Creo Drawing Titleblock and make it non-editable by designers manually. My goal is to allow designers to modify the Titleblock only through Protoolkit API's(Software or tool which runs from auxiliary applications).

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Is there any way to lock the Creo Drawing Titleblock and make it non-editable by designers manually. My goal is to allow designers to modify the Titleblock only through Protoolkit API's(Software or tool which runs from auxiliary applications).

Thanks in advance.

I personally use a preset format and embed parameter inputs using the (&) function. I then put that template in my default drawing template. Once the user creates a drawing it prompts them to input only the info I want changed. Such as: name, description & material in our case. The example I'm attaching shows the template drawing with the embedded format. The format has the &date parameter in it as well as all the proprietary notes. The notes can't be removed or changed since they are in the format.

Attachments

• format.jpg
    format.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 25

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back