Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how solidworks users cope

Not to point out the obvious but...what does this have to do with Pro-E modeling. I ask this question with a big
smiley1.gif

The guy there uses Solidworks to design bikes, and SW crashes. That's a show called American Chopper: OCC or something like that.

And now we have a video proof why we should choose PRO-E and not SW.
smiley36.gif
Just joking.
smiley36.gif

Maybe this should be in RANT/RAVE or USER topic.

Its probably in the wrong forum. But solid works is not a bad system, it offers good features for what it is, and thats a mid level Mechanical Design system.

In some of my work I get to do some very complicated surface modelling, and I know because I have tried, that I cannot get the same results or control from SW as I ccan from ProE.

Strangely enough SW is about 3000 more expensive here in Ireland than Proe??

Paddy

Solidworks is not a bad system. I have both 3.0 Wildfire and Solidworks 2007 Premium. Both have their +s and -s. The biggest thing SW has over PTC is they put everything in their premium edition for just a couple grand whereas PTC charges severl grand for each module they offer.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back