Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how machine this part cleanly ?

dat nguyen

I use some NC Sequences for milling a part below and geta not goodresult, too muchyellowarea 's materials left. Would you mind giving me some advices. Do i usetool cutorset up parameter in wrong way ?Thanka ton!

Edited by: dat nguyen

It is a little hard to tell what is going in from your image only. The .mfg files you attached can't be opened by itself. It needs all the parts and assembly as well to be opened.

It isn't uncommon for NC Check to show more yellow than will actually be left. Particularly on surfacing type sequences. The result you get might actually be fine on the CNC machine. For the broad surfaces, try reducing your set over distance as it looks like it might be too large for the diameter of your cutter. If there are some areas that a volume mill just won't hit, you can make some trajectory cuts or perhaps use local mill to finish any odd areas.

Good luck with it.

Paul

www.procnc.com

dat nguyen,

From what i can see, i'd probably start with a volume sequence and then finish with a surface sequence.

Yodes

Hi Yodes, you 're right,howeverthe last NC sequenceis localmilling withballmill 1.2

Hi Paul, Thankyouso muchforthese advices,because of complicacy ihave neverusedtrajectory millingthe days before. I have just upload my folderagain andso happyifyou browsing it with a little change to make that result better
smiley1.gif

Edited by: dat nguyen

2008-09-25_013922_mfg.zip

Plz check it. you can now create remaining tool paths as I dont haveenough time. you can use roughing, re-roughing and fininshing sequences as I used. Plz fine tune the toolpaths, I didnt make them fine bcoz its taking too much time.
Edited by: Zaki

Zaki !i 'm so sorry to not continue this topic. That 's my fault. However, I greatly appreciate your kindness. See you againnext times

Sincerely yours !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back