Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do I find resonance frequency

mecbat

I have to test a component for ultrasonic welding at 30kHz. How can I get the resonance frequency for the component ?

What type of analysis should I go with ?

Your thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Thankyou.

You need to have proper mechanical properties set and constrain the body appropreately as well. Then simply run a modal analysis and it will give you the first four modes as the default setting.(I believe from 20-20,00 HZ. You can input other ranges or all modes within a freq range etc. You might also look at mass participation and mode shapes to ensure the modes being reported are the the ones you are investigating. Most importantly make sure the mass , modulus and constraints are correct as they will obviously hugely effect results.

Thanks but how do I get the natural frequency (i.e resonance frequency)of the component ? withinFrom 0 to 30,000 Hz.

Is the component a chassis? Is it stand alone part or part of a larger assembly? I assume you are trying to look for coupling between the welding equipment and the part in question?

Hi,

The modal analysis as mneal suggested will report the resonant
frequencies of the component your testing. Looking at your diagram, if
the component is attached to the lead support I think you will need to
model the lead atachment as well as the component to find accurate
modes (natural frequencies).

You can run an unconstrained analysis which will give you all modes
(make sure you select more than 6 modes and there are 6 free dofs) and
you can also run an analysis with constraints which will show which
modes are active when the model is constrained.

Hope this helps

ps modes = natural frequencies

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back