Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole Tool: The wizzy wig editor

design-engine

The hole tool and how it's to work is basically my post. Maybe I'm wrong how I interpret the tool or I'm using SW too much ;)

so there are basically three types of holes. 1 a general hole 2 a tapped hole with respect to a specific threaded screw and 3 a clearance hole with respect to a specific threaded screw. All with options of each.

One Problem is with Creo 2.0 the annotation or note that is associated with the clearance hole is in appropriate or broken with respect to ANSY standards. Maybe the database needs updating? Just calls out the clearance hole wrong. Ill do some checking to educate myself some here tonight but just saying.

And what's the typical workflow for adding a tolerance to a hole depth? My work around is to locate the hole depth dim and add the tolerance to that dim then add the 'd72' notation to the annotation equivalent 3dNOTE appropriately. The SW users that I often train gripe and complain that that's too complicated.

Last edited:
You can change the size of the clearance hole in the hole chart if it is wrong or not to your liking.
As for hole depth, I use the title block tolerances to control this by way of the number of decimal places. If that does not give me what I want, I manually add it to the hole dimension.

I haven't actually looked at what the standards specify but what I'm use to seeing is the hole limit dimensions. I don't recall if this works with the depth dim or not but you may be able to edit the dimension and select the properties for it. I don't think there's a way to do it from the hole tool dashboard are.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back