Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole csink diameter driven by .hol table

sbiker

Hi all,
at this time I'm solving a problem with custom hole tables to have all dimensions in accordance with standards (cborediam, cboredepth, hole diams, csinkdiam etc).
But the problem is the CSINK diam which in case of stepped countersink I need to have equal to cborediam.

If I have hole only with csink then the csink diameter is driven by the hole table (.hol) but If add the cbore, then the csink diameter is changed to another value (maybe some internal equation - csink diam and cbore diam ratio is nearly 0,7).

Please don't you know isn it possible to get custom csink diameter driven by the .hol table in case of cbore presence?
I've read many discussions, ptcplanet etc. but still no solution...:-/

Thx a lot for any idea!

I get the option to manually change values in the hole definition (values in white boxes). That may be your easiest option, for each hole.

View attachment 4972

Another option would be to create an alternate hole table with your desired values in it. I would open the exisiting hole table in Excel (assuming you have it). Be sure to open itusing the 'space delimited' option when you import it. Once it's imported, immediately save a copy with a different name. Come up with a different name for 'Thread_series', that name is what will show up as an option in thefastener-type drop-down list (eg UNC, UNF, ISO). Then, under the CSINKDIAM column, change all the values to match the values in the CBOREDIAM for each fastener. Then Save as file type .txt. Then, in windows explorer, change the extension to .hol, and move the file to the same folder with the other hole tables. You'll have to restart pro/e for it to read in the new hole table. If you don't have MS Excel you could probably do this in another spreadsheet application, or intext altering software like Notepad, but the latter would be tedious.

Hi D3syn3rMike,
thank you very for your answer. In this solution there's
a following problem:
CSINKDIAM is used only in case the hole contains only
CSINK selected. If the hole contains CSINK and also CBORE
then Creo doesn't use CSINKDIAM from .hol table but uses
only CBOREDIAM from table and for CSINKDIAM uses some
internal equation which makes CSINKDIAM smaller. Default
ratio CSINKDIAM:CBOREDIAM is approx. 0.7...

If I know where it's possible to change this It would
help...or maybe there's some hidden parameter for
CSINKDIAMETER in this case...(which I don't know at this
time:-/)

Thx for any idea and have a nice weekend :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back