Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Highlight - Overwrite dimensions

nrkc

I am using ProE WF4. I need to know how to highlight the dimensions that we overwrite (@D to @O[text]) in the drawing.

I used Edit - Higlight by Attributes and tried different options withindimension but no result. I have a big drawing in which many dimension values are not parametric with model and are manually over-written, which ends up in error whenever I update model geometry and face this issue very often. It would be great if someone could help me out for this issue.

I don't know how to help you now, but we change the dimension color when ever we create a dimension. I wish Pro/E could do this automatically.

Ravi

The way to identify dimensions that have been overwritten using the @O [whatever text]
is to do an INFO/SWITCH DIMENSIONS all the dimension will then show their Name d1, d2, d3, add1, add2, etc... except for the dimensions that you have overridden with @O they won't change.

Dave

Edited by: dmcclinton2

Dave,

Your reply helped me a lot. Though I used this option before to view other stuffs, I didnt realize this could me give me the result. Thanks a bunch.

Ravi

And for those using WF5 you can setup a rule based layer and a search that looks for overriden dimensions which isn't possible in earlier versions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back