Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

higher resolution pictures

wallyhoo3

I have an animation that I'm trying to output into jpegs. I understand how to output the jpegs, but I can't find where to change the resolution to something like 300 dpi. The standard resolution is horrible. I can save a still frame picture to 300 dpi using Save As, and changing the file to jpeg, but how can I do this for an animation with over 100 individual frames.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

AFAIK you can output to a certain image size, say 1600x1200, which in this case will give you a fair amount of detail. Settings for DPI only affect how an image is printed or - less frequently - displayed on the screen. A setting of 300 DPI tells a printing program to use 300 pixels for displaying one inch of image. Since computers mostly are unaware of the size of the screen connected to them, a DPI setting with regard to the screen is rarely correct.

What you are looking for is a setting for the overall image format, in X by Y pixels.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back