Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide f*%# axes

jelston

Is there a config option that will tell Pro/e to neva, eva, eva, eva... eva print axes on a freaking drawing? Planes and all the other stuff for that matter.

Display of axis in drawing is controlled by show/erase. I made a mapkey that turns off datums, csys, axis tags, etc. Then I call that mapkey from the several different plotting mapkeys for the plotter, laser printer, etc.

there are some config options that turn off the visibility of axis, planes, csys :

display_axes no

display_coord_sys no

display_planes no

display_points no

They will only display if you click on these buttons

View attachment 3739

I use them all the time because I don't want to see the model and drawing with planes, axis all the time. When I need them I just click on those buttons.

The only axis that I show in drawing are those add with show / erase, like Gallup said.

This is a great use of layers. With layers you can have a different display between your drawing and part or assembly models. You can have a different layer display from drawing view to drawing view. You can also control the display of cosmetic and datum curve features where otherwise you would have to suppress them. Using the show erase buttons is only temporary and session dependent.

Simply place all of the items on the properly named layers and then in the drawing blank the layers. Don't forget to 'save display" so the next time you call up the drawing things will be as you last had them set.

Using layers in this manner will ALWAYS keep then turned off no matter who or when the drawing is called up. You can set things up so the items you want will automatically be placed on the layer you want so you never have to mess with them.

Another option would be to blank the layer.You can still show items from a hidden layer be using the show/erase tool, butit overrides the buttons and config options mentioned earlier. I might be wrong here, but I think youmight also be able to include the layer display status for axis, datum, points, etc in a 'start drawing'.

The Dr.'s solutionis simpler and hasmore flexibility, though. Mapkeys are cool...

Good Luck!

Since we're on the subject (
smiley4.gif
), is there an easy way to share mapkeys? I want to develop mapkeys for our plotter and printer, and I'd like to be able to have everyone else here use them also.

What's the technique?

You have to cut and paste the mapkey out of your config.pro file. Make sure they have different assigned macro numbers. (eg. when you create a makkey the default key is F1. Since your pasting your mapkeys into someone else's config. pro file, they might already have an F1.)

Omar

My problem may be a little different now that i think about it. I'm not actually plotting, i am saving drawings to pdf and printing. that my be why the axes, planes, etc are showing up.

Well, I have a lot of issues with the save as PDF functionality so don't use it. But the exact same methods of controlling datum displays still apply.

I have a lot of issues as well but i am only printing drafts to be reviewed by myself or someone on my team. Controlling datums displays (and lineweights for that matter) aren't the same even though they are supposed to be.

I have no problems with datum display and line weights with pdf printing but I am printing postscript to file (Pro/E does produce good postscript) and then using an old version of Adobe distiller to process the file.

There are free programs out there to convert postscript to pdf. You may want to search these forums about configuring them if you are having problems with "save as pdf"

DB

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back