Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with iges file made from I-DEAS

JR2112

Does anybody have experience dealing with iges files that were exported from I-DEAS? I can import the file into a new Pro/E part without any issues and it looks fine. The problem I am having is that I'm unable to insert an axis thru a cylindrical surface. Infact, I can't even select the cylindrical surface to measure the diameter. Since I can't select the surface, I'm unable to assemble this part using the insert constraint.

I don't have much experieance with data translation. I have imported many iges and step files over the years and never had any problems. I don't think it's a problem with my system because I can d/l and import iges files from various vendor sites without any issues. The person I am dealing with has sent me quite a few different files all exported from I-DEAS with different settings. All of these files have had the same result. He keeps telling me "this is how I've always done it" and I keep saying "well I have never had a problem before" We're both getting ready to punch each other's lights out.
smiley18.gif

If anyone had any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I attached 2 files. WTF.igs is the one that is giving me fits. The other file is one I just down loaded and works fine.

Thanks, John.

2007-07-18_141237_iges-files.zip\

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back