Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help w/Report relations

Hello All,

I have a very simple problem, and I hope the solution is equally simple. I have a repeat region that uses the asm.mbr.name parameter. I want to change the value of that parameter on 2 components.

For example, the asm.mbr.name currently equals "123_part1" & "123_part2" on my parts. But I want them to show up in the repeat region as just "123"

As far as purchasing and manufacturing are concerned, the parts are the same, so I want them to show up on the BOM as being the same with their combined qty shown in the rpt.qty column. I'm hoping that part will update automatically.

TIA,

-Victor

You can't show both parts in one line with the qty combined, because they are different parts, if it was the same part then yes.

1. But if you don't mind having 2 lines in BOM with the same name you can do the following:
create in one part a parameter called name_overide as string and fill it with 123. Then in drawing go to table / repeat region / relation (click on the repeat region table) and enter the following:

if exists("asm_mbr_name_overide")
real_name=asm_mbr_name_overide
else
real_name=asm_mbr_name
endif

And replace in your repeat region the &asm.mbr.name with &rpt.rel.real_name
With this you can overide the pro-e name of a part in drawing whenever you want.

2. Or there is a second way:

The same as above but you will create a parameter called qty_overide as string and give it a value, in your case 2.

Then in drawing go to repeat region relations and write:

if exists("asm_mbr_qty_overide")
qty=asm_mbr_qty_overide
else
qty=rpt_qty
endif

And replace in your repeat region the &rpt.qty with &rpt.rel.qty

This way you can overide the qty of a part in drawing. (but with the second one you will have to filter the second part not to show in repeat region)

edit: if you have problems with adding those relations to the repeat region because of parameters then see this for a solution: [url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34 440&KW=asm%2Embr[/url]
Edited by: vlad1979

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back