Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help - purple model in drwaing

rkusmant

Hi,

I'm currently creating a simple drawing in proE and the model's color in the drawing is purple. I couldn't make any sections or create some dimensions. What's wrong with this? I have tried to create a new drawing but it doesn't solve the problem. I checked the View setting but I don't know what I should change.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi rkusmant,

When you see a purple in your drawing views it means that surface is shown in your view just hide the surface layer in your view to get rid of it.

Jay
smiley2.gif

Edited by: jayuy

rkusmant,

Assuming your using wildfire, In your model tree layer there is an arrow just pick the view then right click the surface and also the copy geometry layer then click hide. Don't forget to save status.

Jay
smiley2.gif

Edited by: jayuy

Hi rkusmant,

or try this: in the model mode just pick the surface and then Edit > Solidify.

Regards Zdenek

From my experience, usually a purple model means you are using an IGES and not a true Pro/E part. The extension might be *.prt or *.asm, but it was generated from an IGES file.

If it is an IGES that you are importing those surfaces are quilts and you can change the color on view/display settings/system colors then look for quilts and change color.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back