Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

~~HELP~~ I can’t change SYSTEM CONFIGURAT

johnny916

I am on the beginning of an intro tutorial and the 4th page of the book states to change my system configuration under tools, options.. But when I get there nothing appears clickable?? No matter what I click on except for the delete button?? I can't add or change any of the configuration files.. ??

Please help! I know this is an absolute NEWBY question, sorry! I am using Creo pro/engineer 5.
Edited by: johnny916

Nevermind about that question, I figured out that you have to run the program as an administrator!

But now I am looking at my school book at the list of configuration pre-sets don't all match what I have in my program?? For example, they say to change the def_layer to layer_detum dtm_pln

Configuration information is stored in text files. What you see on screen will be the options that are in the configuration files that were loaded. If the option isn't there, you can add it.

You need to enter 'def_layer' in the search box at the bottom, then 'layer_detum dtm_pln' in the value field then click Add/Change.

Pro/E uses many config files, some of which are in places editableby users so you don't need to be an administrator to make changes. What is confusing to most newbies is that these files DO NOT EXIST by default. You have to make them. They are just ASCII text files. You can make them with any text editor or within Pro/E using tools/options. Add any options you want and save in your home directory.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back