Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helix Blade model

TDPROE

Hey everyone

So im trying to model a helix blade in pro/e mainly to
get the hang of the more complex capabilities of pro/e. I
set myself the challenge of drawing this:
http://www.bluenergy-ag.net/images/prod_turbine.jpg

I have tried using helix sweeps but i keep getting the
cup direction and offset wrong, i've even tried twisting
in sheetmetal (but it only allows to twist flat planes).
I guess if i could draw the "C" or cup section and then
extrude it along a winding path but i dunno how to
achieve that.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

wow anand, thank you very much.
I tried using a Vss but the procedure to make the
trayectory in 3d space eludes me, anyway. I think I figured
out what you did, though the "solidify" commands remain a
mystery.

I truly thank you mate.

TDPROE

You are welcome. I have used "solidify" featuire to chop off the material present above (or below) a particular datum plane. I think its a new method of using solidify featureintroduced inWF 4.0

Raisa

I am sorry, I can not re-create the part in WF 2.0 as I do not have that version. If you wish, I can post a neutral or step file. Please let me know.

Regards,

Anand
Edited by: anand_m_s

Hi TDPROE,

Looks like you're interested in the design of a special Savonius wind turbine, that aerodynamically are drag-type devices, one of the easiest to design, I was working a couple of years on one of it, keep attention at the helix, is not commonly, cause the simple principle for a Savonius blade is that the curvature of the the scoops need experience less drag when moving against the wind than when moving with the wind.

I'll PM, to explain you better

Regards

Pablo

anand

send mea neutral or step or igs file and tree of create helix blade

i am trying to do this in wf2

thanks

Hi anand_m_s,

I saw the model you did, really is a good approach to the "screw-wind", but you need to improve it cause really you need totake control overthe whole path (trajectory)of the cross-section thatwill being swept, I recommend youa VSS through a graphs, and if we're in a real design improve it to a continumCFD stages, is not simple like make a blend over the sections and let ProE to take the control....

Regards

Pablo

Hi, Thiago Souza

With the warp command you losse all the engineering intent, that command is for more style design.

Hello raisa,

Here is you neutral file and a small presentation on procedure followed to create the model in WF 4.--

2009-08-24_200414_helical_blade.neu.zip

Hello Pablo,

Thanks for your feedback. I had created this model more like a "pottery" work than an engineering model. I created this model in just 10 minutes for posting it in this forum. I need one clarification on using a curve created using equation in a VSS feature. How do you make use of a curve created using equation in the section of a VSS feature?

Regards,

Anand

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back