Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hatching styles

saymo

HI all,

I have a x section in a drawing. In the likes of acad, solidworks etc, you are able to apply a x section style such as "concrete" which would show the section up as bubbles instead of lines at a given angle.

Does anyone know if this is possible in WF2?

Thanx all
smiley1.gif

Yes you can but you must have the x-hatch files.....which have the extension .xch

then in drawing double click on the x-hatch and in the menu that apear click on retrieve and go to the directory where you have these stored.

all my xch files are only created using lines? not 'bubbles' that i want to use for a concrete effect, how can i create/modify these files, or is it part of the graphics library cd/download from ptc?

I just looked at my hatch files and there is no concrete hatch....all are with lines... then I searchedthe help and the ptc knowledge databaseand didn't find any mentionif it's possible to have "bubbles" only lines , you can have all sorts of lines, but no "bubbles"......

Then I found this [url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35 671&PN=1&get=last[/url]

so I guess it's confirmed you can't have concrete hatch in pro-e....at least not in WF2 , maybe in some higher version is possible.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back