Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hanging Effect and Wind Load

Zaki

Hi Every Body

Anybody knows how to analyze the hanging effect in a 60 ft hiegh pole?? Also I want to analyze the wind pressure effect on a light pole at football ground.

hi Zaki, seems like u come across from mold to structure =) anywayyour casesoundsquite simple...But i need you to post the pictureso that i can tell you where to constrain and where to apply the load...

What i can tell you from your post without picture is as follows but it is fairly basic and it should be enough for you to go further if you read some pro mechanica structure book:

From part environment ->

application ->

mechanica ->

model type:structure - advanced-3D ->

Properties ->

Materials ->

select your material from library then click >> ->

assign ->

part ->

select the part you want to assign the library to e.g. the pole ->

ok ->

close ->

insert ->

force/moment load ->

references: surface ->

force-components: the direction of the wind ->

preview (to check if the direction is correct ->

insert ->

displacement constraint (this is to simulate where the pole is hold, typically is the bottom cylindrical surface of the pole) ->

references: surface ->

select where the pole is going to be hold e.g. bottom surface ->

ok ->

make sure all translations are fixed except they are special designed pole that allows rotation etc. but usually this type of structure is fixed.

ok->

autogem ->

create ->

all with properties ->

create ->

close ->

Run a design study (the icon is like 3 bricks stacked up) ->

file ->

new static ->

multiple adaptive ->

ok ->

click on the green flag ->

after the design study is finished, read the summary for the analysis result. For graphical result, click on the icon that looks colourful named Review Results of Design Study or Finite Element Analysis ->

ok and show.

Edited by: TeQie

The wind loads can be calculated from your local Structural Building code - same as applied to all buildings. Itwill take into account geographical and local considerations and give a boundary layer velocity and pressure profile. It will also give suitable safety factors.
Edited by: moriarty

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back