Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

GPOST: How to call back last A position?

marker4x4

Hi all how are you...

It's Friday and here I am scratching my head... I'm working on a 5-axis post for OKUMA mill (double trunnion table) and most of it works really well, except the following:

The A axis (+120 , -20 deg range) on this machine autoamtically returns to A Zero upon every tool change in order to avoid crashes. That's very cool, but if Ihave the two consecutive tools using the same A angle (e.g. spot drill and drill), I want the GPOST to call back the last known A position and output is right after my first XY movement. I've got the GPOST set as pictured, but it doesn't recall the A at all. I guess I'll need the FIL macro... Any advice will be appreciated.

Anyone?????

smiley1.gif

You will need to address that in the FIL. You can capture the A address @ tool change. You'll need to turn on a flag to enable manipulating the goto in the FIL.

I have pointed you in the direction in how to do it. If you are new to using the FIL, it's well worth the time to read the books and learn it. If not, you could send me yourpost and I could do it for you..

CIMFIL/ON,LOADTL

capture A axis value

Save Value

turn on goto section

Cimfil/off

CIMFIL/ON,5 (goto section)

post out xy move

post out A rotation with saved value

turn off goto section

CIMFIL/OFF

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World