Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Getting started in Pro/M

Juju

Hi everybody,

I am new on this forum andI find it very intersting. I am also a mechanical engineer student and from July I am doing a training period of 6 months for my final year of studies. I will work with FEA using Pro/M.

I have had a few classes about FEA and a few practical works using PAtran/Nastran. But I don t know at all Pro/M (Ijust know a bit aboutPro/E).

Does it take time to be able to use Pro/M ?

indeed, I would like to know more about pro/M before joining the company. Is it possible to learn alone ? I have got "Pro/m structure student tutorial", is it fine ? What are the others intersting books I should try to get ?

Is it valuable to read the tutorial without using Pro/M in the same time ? Is it possible to get a demo version of Pro/M to train a bit ?

I am really motivated but I don t know what to do to...

Please, i need your help.

thanks a lot
smiley9.gif

Thanks Miko, these links are very usefull to begin...

I have one more question : is the Wildfire version of pro/m very differnt from the 2000i

Juju,

You can buy the student verson of WF2 from journeyed.com. It includes pro/m. Im currently studying at University using Pro Mechanica.

I haven't used it in 2000i but, it is much easier to use than the 2001 version, which im assuming is similar ( if not the same as 2000i ).

You can also purchase Books and tutorials from the journeyed site..

Hope this helps,

Taz

Sorry..

Another seller of the student edition is a German company called Comsol. They also sellalot of student discount softwares and tutorials for Proe..

Good luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back