Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

geometric tolerances missing in PDF plot

Zestje

Hello,

I stumbled across a strange problem: When I export a specific assembly drawing (of a 2-component plastic part) to .PS and 'print' it to .PDF two geometric tolerances do NOT show up in the .PDF! All other geometric tolerances and dimensions do show up. All other drawing also export without problems.

I tried using FreePDF XP and PDFCreator to create the PDF from the .PS exported by ProE, but the problem occurs with both programs, so I .think it's already in the .PS and therefor ProE related.

Since this is a drawing we did not create I don't know which settings were used to create it. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this and how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

You can look at the .ps file with Ghostview. That will let you pin down whether it is a problem in Pro/E making the .ps file or your .pdf creation. You might want to take a look at your layer settings too.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back