Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Generating PDF files

audctrl

OK, I am using WF2 and it has the ability to save a drawing as a pdf. This works great on drawings that have views on them. However, say I have a drawing that has an imported image on it. When the pdf is generated all i see is my format, the area where the imported image is blank. What I have found that I need to do is plot using the MS Print Manager and where I am asked to select the printer I use the Adobe PDF printer. When that method is used, the results are what I'd expect to have seen using the "Save As" PDF. Is this still an issue in newer versions of Wildfire, like WF4 or WF5?

Thanks in advance.

I also noticed if I am using the Windows Arial Bold TTF the text does not print when using the Print PDF button. I changed the text to straight Arial and it prints fine.

Jim

I recently attended a training class on Wildfire 4.0 and the issue of .pdf creation came up. I was told that there are some issues, on occasion, with .pdf's in Wildfire. What was suggested is to use a program called CutePDF. I have used this with great success. If I remember correctly, it is a free download and very easy to use. Instead of doing a "save as," use "file print" and select CutePDF from the printer menu. You will need to specify a file location and name. Hope this resolves your issue.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
smiley4.gif

I basically do the same thing, I just happen to have Adobe writer and select Adobe PDF as my printer. So it sounds to me that the issue on doing a Save As on a drawing that has an imported image still exists in the new versions of WF.

Anyone else come across this?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back