Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Gear Modeling and Analysis

sudhir.patyal

anybody here help me out in modeling of gears in pro/e and also steps or procedure that should be followed for analysis of gear..

what type of gear: spur, helix, ? second the modeling really is not a problem

type gear (type of) into google you will get quite a few good websites with tutiorials todo this. the analisis is a litte harder but again to get a good answer you need to be a little more specific.

I'm designing a steering system for my senior design project and my end
goal is to have an assembly where I can turn the steering wheel by hand
and have the tires turn. The link in the previous post was helpful to me in learning how to setup the gear relation. However, I don't want to perform a timed analysis. Instead, I would like to be able to turn a shaft myself using the drag components tool and have the gear connection turn. I do know how to do this.

I'd also like to be able to have an on screen output for the steering wheel rotation as well as the turned angle on each tire. The reason I want to turn it by hand is so that I can demonstrate things and answer questions during a presentation.

So, how do I have the angles onscreen at all times while I am turning the steering wheel?

Edited by: cjd472

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back