Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Gear connections with animation module?

m-d-e

How do I get these to work? I've defined the gear connections in mechanism and I can run an animation with the mechanism module activated. But when I activate the animation module, the gear connection icon is not showing. Pin connections and servo motors do show. In animation display the gear connection box is ticked.

If I run an animation with animation module using the servo motor defined in mechanism, the second gear does not move.
smiley19.gif

I could define a servo motor for the second gear but why should I have to do that when there is a gear connection?

I'm new to the animation module so I hope I've just missed something.
smiley17.gif

suppose You can`t use the mechanism gears funcionality in animation

to solve this You are up to create two servo motors, where one has reversed rotation direction. Fit the the velocity to compensate differance in rotation between wheels

Is there a full and a limited animation license? It seems the functionality is there since you can choose to display gear connections (applications --> animation --> right-hand-side toolbar button "animation display").

I suppose I'll just have to make another servo motor then.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back