Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

gaps in mold parting line HELP

Alvaro,

Fisrt you need to improve your main surface, I mean, you can't leave your san surfacelike it -it's a poor quality-, redefine it, till that point you'll able to make a good parting line, to then generatethe parting surface, to split the stock material

Regards

Pablo

another solution, (if you don't want to redefine your
surfaces, but your part must be a solid)
Please make a mold volume that will be size of core and
cavity both and trim to workpiece it. Then make a parting
surface by your self and split that mold volume.

hi
it is not advisable to take the model direct from reverse engineered to the mould design in pro-e.

i do create an assembly and redo the model matching to scanned part, with pro-e features and the take the native model to mould design.

I absolutely concur with balaganesan. It is not advisable to use that horrible scanned model. Since it's just a fork (simple, complex, or in-between), you sould bring that scanned model into an empty assembly, and overlay a native pro-e model that can be used as a real feature-based database. That is theonly real way to go.

Hi
I think you could not solve gaps easy so i suggest you use rapid form program for
repairing all surfaces and after you can import than to pro/e

Hi Alvaro,

It is better after revese-engineering,you check the quality of the drawing.we are a chinese plastic mold maker,each eah year ,we have so many reverse-engineering and prototype project for new plastic design,and met this kind of problems before.so we make a rule ,after the reverse-engineering,the other drawing engineer will check the drawing,then make decsion.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back