Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Foundation Advanatge Package

biff

Can anyone tell us what we will lose in terms of functionallity if we drop our advanced assembly extension and just take up the Foundation advantage package maintenance please?

You will lose the ability to create skeleton models, to publish geometry, copy geometry, the use of inheritance features, external merge from other models & the global reference viewer. I know that is a short list and probably there are loads of other features you will not be able to use. Personally, I would keep paying the maintenance.

Hope this helps

RD

I dont think that you will be loosing the Functionality of AAX all you will be loosing is the previlage to work on the latest version of proe when you have to use AAX.i.e:if you had maintenance for both AAX and FAP till wildfire 2.0 version and if you are not taking Maintenance for AAX now, Then to work on AAX you will have to switch even FAP to wildfire 2.0 to work on AAX. I hope I am right.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

I am currently paying maintenance on FAP for wildfire II plus the AAX.

I want to upgrade to Wildfire III but am in negotiations about my maintenance package.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back