Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

fluid analysis

TWINTURBOTOM

I have a few questions. I am attempting to analyze an intercooler. The model is complete, I tried a few differnt ways to analyze this but I can't get it to work the way I want! I'm looking tohavemechanica output pressure drop and temperature change given input conditions of thetwo gasesthat will be exchangingtheir heat.I'm not sure where I can enter in a function that would relate the temperature (and pressure drops) that occur as a function of the length of the intercooler tubing. I was only able to apply constant heat loads over surfaces.....although I was then prompted for materials information which I haven't had the chance to create for aluminum (so if anyone wants to hook me up with some mats that'd be cool too, otherwise i'll just fill in the text myself which is no big deal).

also I have this modeled several ways....all one part, multiple parts in an assemly...what yields more accurate results? If I mesh up an assembly do I need to tell mechanica where welds are? or will it recognize this stuff???

as you can see I am a begniner with mechanica...i've used CFD a few times and fluent a few times.....I am working on modeling my car and analyzing all fo the components, i'm assuming mechanica has the power to do everything i need from down force pressures to engine motion....any insight is always appreciated....thank you for any of your time!

Forget about mechanica for this analysis and go back to your CFD package.

Mechanica pressure is for stress and displacement analysis only, cant handle flows.
Same with the down forces induced by the airflow, as well as the heat exchange, CFD analysis.

regards

Anders

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back