Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Floating Module setup for WF3?

YamahaRobb

Hello,
Does anybody know how to set the floating modules up on our license server. We are utilizing a stand alone server running 20 licenses of WF3 with various modules. When I go to floating modules, none of the individual modules are appearing. Is there a config option that needs to be turned on?

What moduled do you have? Modules like AAX, BMX are not floation modules but are extensions. Extensions have to be loaden when ProE start. That mean you muste have more than one start up commands.

We have "advanced asembly". advanced assembly with ISDX, and pro w/ copy geom". Yes these are extensions, but are also the floating modules in a properly configured system. I believe the answer lies in having Intralink or Windchill. My previous company had Inralink, and all users could check and uncheck the floating modules. I thought there was a set up for basic Pro E server installation, but haven't heard anything from PTC. Currently my company is in negotation with Windchill, but we stll have no PDM in pace.

I don't think it have anything to do with Intralink or Windchill. WE use Intralink.

All extension have to be loaden together with ProE. You do that with different start commands. You have making the start commands when you run ptcsetup.bat They will be loacded in the bin folder.

I think PTC have made it like this to be able to sell more.

There is a problem in the startup extensions.read below on my experience just now.

1. I start ProE from the start up file that has ProE foundation along with the extension Mechanism design.

2. Pro E starts , along with the extension Mechanism design. I work in it, then without closing the session, I leave for the day

3. Next day, I resume session..But "Mechanism design license is lost", I could not get the license when I do retry. This is because Mechanism design license is not available, (but ProE foundation is available)..

but why shouldn't I have ProE without the Mechanism design now? I dont want to close ProE and open another session.

Is there any option to get back only the ProE floating license?(Foundation), eventhough I started the session along with the license extension Mechanism design..

We have only 5 mechanism design licenses, but 19 foundation..

Is there a better way out?This seems to be a big problem.

Please give your suggestions and your experiences..

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back