Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flexible Parts

Horwarth19

Hello everyone, I apologize if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find
anything that could help me. I have an assembly that when assembled on top of our
plugs, the diaphragms are flat. When the plugs are inserted into the valves and the
cover is installed, the diaphragms obviously conform to the features of the body and
cover. What I am needing help on is how to get the diaphragms to look as they
should when assembled, but when they are not assembled they are to be flat. See the
below photo for what I am talking about. Thanks!

4_0367.jpg

I think the easiest way would be to make a family table part that is the formed part and substitute it either in a simplified rep or in an assembly family table.

Another way is to model the diaphragm in a way to allow for flexible dimensions. You could then use a flexible dimension in the assembly to flex the diaphragm.

you could build the diaphragm in such a way that it initially looks like it's in a relaxed state but assembled to the bits are to move when assembled.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back