Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flexible components

altair

Hope this is the right folder. If not please move it appropriately.

Trying to animate how cables and/or hoses would move in a mechanism. I have a gimbal joint and a cable wrap design where I need to see how the cables and hoses would behave as the components move. two separate cases. The cables and hoses need to be moved by existing geometry.

I have a fairly complex mechanism for the gimbal with a universal joint that moves +/-50 in both axis which produces large excursions of the cooling hoses.

The cable wrap has +/-270 degree rotation that I need see as the hoses and cables are twisted around a pole.

The premium solution is fully animated flexing and a fall back solution would have the assemble moved in discrete increments and regenerated to see what's happening.

Below is a zip file of an animation showing the gimbal motion only with no cables or hoses modeled yet.

2006-11-14_075932_overall_view.zip

I suppose this animation is not done in Pro\E

this is made by sequence of screens made in Pro\e for each position - Familiy Table, skeleton and rels - am I right?

When you doing your animation file and you have recorded a new playback you can play the animation, under the play command there is an option to capture, this lets you output your animation to gif, mpg or avi.

Paddy

yeah I know it could be recorded

What I want to point in are the animated cables. As far as I know, it could not be animated dynamicaly in mechanism, no way, even with flexible component, because each change of dims has to be regenerated.

You could not do it dynamiclay in mechanism so what is left?

Make a screenshot of each new position - family table, skeleton - and assemble them in Infrantview or etc

hellooo
smiley19.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back