Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FLEXIBLE COMPONENTS IN INTERCHANGE ASSY

wintersm

I could have sworn just the other day I was able to insert flexible components into functional interchange assemblies and I could then use this flexibility in the next highest assembly. Now it doesn't seem to work - REPLACE no longer links to the interchange.

I have 2 instances of an assembly to be interchanged - 1 has a slot for an eyebolt to move (flexibility) and the other has a single hole for an eyebolt. In the first instance, I want a cable to follow the moving eyebolt. In the second instance, I want the cable to align to the stationary eyebolt.

Interchange assemblies seemed like the perfect solution to constrain the cable, but as soon as I make that part flexible, I lose the ability to REPLACE with another "instance"

The cable will be in the top level assembly (outside of the interchange assembly) so I can quickly replace it with varying sizes.

Please HELP. I spent some good time learning interchange assemblies and it will be hard to justify to the powers that be if I have nothing to show for it.

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back