Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flat forming a punch feature?

Bigadz

Hi all I am having issues in flat forming this part. You can see that the punched form has remained when I created the flat pattern.

I want to be able to have a flatform that istrue tothis part having the punched area, i.e thedimensions of the sheet compensates for the rise on the punched area.

Also is there anyway I can get the rounds displayed so that the representation is correct where the punched area rises from the plane?

Thanks in advance

Bigadz:

Pro-E cannot open 'formed' features. You would need an analysis kind of a tool (eg:Dynaform) to flatten parts with formed features. Flatten form command would merely hide/suppress the form feature and show a flat blank but wouldn't account for the material sucked in. Btw, that feature you have shown seems to be shallow emboss anyway. You can form it just by material stretch.

"Rounds displayed"... don't quite understand that. You want it displayed in the drawing or something?

anandel is right.

Forming in proe does not account for the material stretch, especially when the form feature is not open. This is a case of draw (though small), hence you would need a simulation software (hypermesh / Dynaform!!! I do not know...never used it).

However for the purpose of design, a simple flatten form is sufficient.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back