Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

file name conflict-parts not in commonspa

gflat65

Yesterday, I did something stupid and imported a model into a workspace. Many of theparts/assy's in the model being importedalready existed in the workspace into which the model was imported. For those items that had previously been checked into common space, I've been able to update the models/drawings in the workspace by selecting them, clicking Update-->selecting the files again-->Edit-->Download Content. No problems there (after removing the ghost files that popped up while doing all of this).

However, there were several parts that were new parts, so had never been checked into commonspace. These parts were imported into the workspace I'm having trouble with now, several months back, but never checked in. I'm not sure exactly how I was able to get them into the other workspace without being checked in, but they all show the Critical Error: File Name Conflict icon, where they did not prior to importing them back into the workspace into which they were originally imported.

How do I update these parts in the workspace? I can't Update-->Edit-->Download Content since there is no content in commonspace to download...

TIA

Have you tried re- adding the master part (part already checked-in with same name) to the workspace?
1.find the part in PDMlink .
2.pick add to workspace
3.on the next screen un-check the box reused workspace context.
4.also double check your default to make sure your other setting are latest models and all family table parts are included. ( this may be over kill but it does not hurt.
5.Pick OK.
6.Review your workspace parts to see if conflicts are gone. Note it help to have a custom view showing all status of parts.

Let us know if this works.
MC

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

The models I'm still having issues with have never actually been checked in... I had been working out of workspace 1 (for example). I imported several models into that workspace from another user. They are prototype parts, so he never checked them in prior to emailing them to me.

Then I created workspace 2 to pull in a large assembly, thinking that might keep things easier since workspace 1 had been growing (seemingly exponentially). In workspace 2, I needed some parts from workspace 1, so I exported the files I needed from workspace 1, then imported into workspace 2 (should have just checked it all in to commonspace and pulled back into workspace 2, but...). Then I realized that so many parts I needed for workspace 2 were actually in worksapce 1, so I decided it might save some work to export the model from workspace 2, then import back into workspace 1. That, of course, created a lot of file name conflicts. I was able to update the ones that had already been checked in, but the ones that had never been checked in are givign me problems now. I'm goign to try importing the models that were never checked in back into workspace 1 and see if that fixes it. I'll let you know if that gets me anywhere.

Okay. Couldn't reimport. Couldn't remove from workspace. Was able to just rename them and the conflict is resolved. Simple enough fix. I justhad to goaround the world to figure it out;). Makes sense, but so often, you have to jump through lots of hoops in Pro/E to do fix what would logically seem easy by other paths.

I'm a novice that's been taught enough to throw rocks at passers by, but amtrying/expected to sniper someone 3000 yards away;).

I tend to learn my lessons the hard way. I did graduate suma cume laude from the school of hard knocks...

Thanks again for your help.

Have a good day,

gflat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back