Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family Table Manipulation

jacksaab

Hi folks,

I created a family table on my part dwg that is populated parametrically from the model. Is there any way to vary the width of the individual columns in the table? No matter what I try, all the columns end up being the same width I specify for any one of them.
Any help will be gratly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack,

Click inside a table cell, RMB>Height and Width>in the dialogue you can adjust height and width of row and column.

Sip

I take it that you have a 2d repeat region and the parameter column for one or more of the parameters needs to be longer than the others. What I suggetst is to repeate the repeated column. This would result for a table with columns for parameters A, B and C in columns A, B, C, A, B, C. Then add a filter to the first one to eliminate the unwanted columns for the width you set for that group, and a filter for the second one to eliminate the columns shown in the first.

Thanks Peter. since I'm a "newbe"in this area, I will attempt to digest this information and see if I could apply it.
I'll get back to you.

Thanks,
Jack

Right click on the drawingon an open space / properties / drawing options and add 2d_region_columns_fit_text and set it to yes.

It will make each column fit the longest text size automatically.

Thanks a lot VLAD, that works like a charm. It never ceases to amaze me how much knowledge is out there.

Thanks again,
Jack

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back