Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family table lookup in Pro/Program

otman73

I'm back
smiley17.gif
and need your assistance once again. I'm trying to add the proper size bolt/screw/nut & etc base on the user input USING PROE basic library. Not even sure if the lookup_inst(<--still don't fully understand how this work
smiley5.gif
) will work or should I go for the IF statement and have it put in the proper fastener.
This is what I have

INPUT
MOUNT_CL NUMBER
"What is the mount c.l.?"
MOUNT_FASTENER_TYPE NUMBER
"MOUNTING FASTENER TYPE (1=STUDS, 2=HEX_BOLT, 3=SOCKET_CAP)"
MOUNT_PATTERN NUMBER
"WHAT IS THE MOUNT PATTERN? 3,4,6,8,10,12"
MOUNTING_SIZE STRING
"WHAT IS THE MOUNTING SIZE 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1"
END INPUT

Any suggestion?

I've look all through PTC & the help center. I've even read both of those you pointed out but still didn't fully understand it. I think part of the problem is, I need to learn how a family table work first. I get the basic concept of it but have not made one yet to fully understand what is involve in making one if that make sense. I'll do some more reading up on how to make a family table and lookup function.

At least now I know which direction to focus on. Any good tutorial on family table that you can suggest?

For a beginner this is way too much info to take in
smiley5.gif

Any idea on this? I'm using the standard PROE library part of HCS.prt family table.

INPUT
MOUNT_FASTENER_TYPE NUMBER
"MOUNTING FASTENER TYPE (1=STUDS, 2=HEX_BOLT, 3=SOCKET_CAP)"
MOUNTING_SIZE NUMBER
"WHAT IS THE MOUNTING SIZE 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1"
MOUNTING_LENGTH NUMBER
"LENGTH OF FASTENER?"
END INPUT

RELATIONS
INSTANCE_NAME = LOOKUP_INST ("HCS.PRT", 0, "BASIC_DIA", MOUNTING_SIZE, "L", MOUNTING_LENGTH)
!*** ERR: Relation has an error.
END RELATIONS

ADD PART (INSTANCE_NAME)
INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 39
END ADD

smiley19.gif

Edited by: otman73

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back