Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family Table Column Width

Dominatornz

I am editing a drawing with a family table in it.
How do I change the column width of the individual columns? When I go into
Table>select> it only gives me the option to select the whole table not a column.
therefore when I edith cloumn width it changes all the columns to the same width.

Please help.

don't think there is a way to modify the columns individually.

But there is a way to modify all columns at once.

right click on your drawing, properties / drawing options and in your dtl should be a option called 2d_region_columns_fit_text set it to yes

It will make all columns to fit the text inside them.

Click on a cell in the column that you want to change, rt click, choose "Height and width". This will allow you to change either the height of the entire row, or the width of the entire column that the c3ell is in.

dross said:
Click on a cell in the column that you want to change, rt click, choose "Height and width". This will allow you to change either the height of the entire row, or the width of the entire column that the c3ell is in.

Are you sure it works? As I understand, the questions is to modify the column width of a repeat region in a drawing that uses a family table? I have tried this before posting mine and you can't change the width only for one column.

For any other type of tables it works like you said. But in this case I don't think so.

Or is there a config option that allows you to do this?

Or maybe I understood the question wrong
smiley2.gif

I've never put a family table in the drawing, don't even know how. (how do you do it?)

I assumed that all tables in the drawing, regardless of their content's origin, acted the same. I could be wrong though.

How to put a family table on a drawing:

A simple part has two dimensions: DIAMETER and WIDTH.
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Create
a table NumberColumns X 2Rows</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Title
in row 1</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Create
Repeat Regions (3)in row 2</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"></div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Then
add:</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">&fam.inst.param.value to second column and third and so
on
&fam.inst.name to first column</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Then
Filter:</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Second
column with:</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">&fam.inst.param.name == DIAMETER</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">&fam.inst.param.name == WIDTH</div>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Regenerate</div>

Thankyou for your help.

"right click on your drawing, properties / drawing options and in your dtl should be a option called 2d_region_columns_fit_text set it to yes"

The above worked, or got at least what was acceptable.

I tried to separately adjust the cloumn widths, but was unable to.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back