Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Familt Table from Excel

msiva1981

I have been having terrible issues creating a populating a family table in pro E through excel. I would like to know how to do it.
1. Will i be able to do this?
2. If so, do i need to have the egneric already setup propor to doing this.
3. I am planning to fill everything in Excel and run a macro that creates a text file which i couls read in from the family table (file->Import)
4. I tried doing this (excel to text file) but does not seem to work. Can anyone help me out please
I could not find any satisfactory posts on the forum either
Thanks
Siva

#1.... have you change any of the dimensions text to a different name other than it's default... d22 or whatever it may be...

if so you are fighting a losing battle unless you export it first from pro then edit, otherwise you don't know what it's "d "value "WAS" .. say you renamed22 to "len" so even though it's called len in excel.. pro wants to know what it was before....

yes you do need the generic or at least one value to get it to import right

it's a royal PIA.. but do able.. I used VB and macros

Marc Merrette <spelling??> is the wizard here with jlink and excel

Hi Wsylvester,
I have been struggling with it and ive already realised the pain. What's the best way to do this. The requirement is
My company wants to maintain a spreadsheet with all the information related to the part and i might need to import (partially) or completely all the fields from the spreadsheet into a Family Table. What's the best way to do it?
Siva

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back